Thursday, June 11, 2009

Website!

When I first heard about the Create a Website Assignment, I thought it would be a project that would take hours upon hours. However once I started, I couldn't believe the little amount of time it took. I think this is an excellent tool to use in the class. It allows you to keep the parents informed on what is happening in the classroom and gets the children working with technology. Also, I know as a student how hard it is to remember what you have to do for homework, so the homework work tab is VERY useful! Whether you like it or not technology is taking over the world we live in and everyone needs to learn about it and how to use it.

2 comments:

  1. Some of the same things you mentioned in your blog I also did in my project 3. At first I was also worried about starting this project, but as soon as I got working on it, it became easier and easier and the more things and links I wanted to put on it. I think as a future teacher it is a good idea to have a class website, whether it be for just your students to go to check up on daily assignments, projects, and just have homeowork help. OR for just parents, especially for students that are in younger grades and do not fully understand the concept of having a class website. All in all I agree that learning how to use and make a class website will be helpful and useful in the long run when becoming a teacher, especially n the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about keeping the parents up to date with what is going on in the classroom, however, in my approach when I finally get my own classroom I am going to use this site as a tool to encourage parent involvement in their education. So many parents just don't have the time or just don't care about what their kids are doing anymore!!! I also hope that this site will help connect classmates and to try and get them all to work together as a class to solve issues with homework etc.

    ReplyDelete