
Podcast.... What are they? Before this assignment, I had heard some of my previous teachers talk about podcast and how useful they are. However, they never really explained what they were. So as I was looking at websites that explained to me a little more about what podcast are I came across a great definition on http://www.entrepreneur.com/encyclopedia/term/159122.html. A podcast is a pre-recorded audio program that's posted to a website and is made available for download so people can listen to them on personal computers or mobile devices. I believe podcast are very useful especially at the high school and college level. Students are able to look up lectures from other professors/schools, or look up topics they may be interested in for pure enjoyment. It can also be used as a tool for students who many be absent one day. Over all, it allows students to use technology and learn in new exciting way.
I also was not quite sure exactly what podcasting was, but I did have a professor that used a podcast of the lectures. I did not ever use the podcast though. I also looked a little more into the podcasting, and found some that I thought would be interesting. Having the technology to further explore other types of technology is just what makes learning about new things so easy.
ReplyDeleteI like the site you post it is a good reference for podcast. I agree with the idea that high school will gain goon chances to use or listen to the teachers podcast. It is interesting for the teachers to use this tools inside their classroom.
ReplyDeletePodcasting is a very helpful way of teaching outside the classroom. For me, podcasting would be meant for the parents to explain to them in words what i am teaching in class. Podcasting is a helpful tool in teaching but for me i believe that it is more for college courses. As much as the podcasting project i did with my group was fun i just dont see myself using in my classroom. With you teaching elemetary ed do you see yourself using podcasting at all??
ReplyDelete